Wednesday

Simple pleasures

14th July
Well, simple pleasures cometh and simple pleasures goeth but summer has yet to make an appearance. Rain, wind, rain, cold and more rain. I swam last Sunday just for the record….mid July and only been in the sea once. There hasn’t been even a whiff of a romantic encounter since G left. Tut, I don’t know whether to blame Plymouth or England in general or the fact that I live at home with my parents here and work too hard.

On the plus side, I have a new simple pleasure in the form of a new sports car. My last one packed up so now I have a burgundy Mazda MX5 Icon – a limited edition with cream leather sports seats, mahogany steering wheel, gear lever and trim, 6 speed gearbox, a pop up wind deflector etc. It is a pocket Jaguar and goes brilliantly...

The novelty of squeezing into the low slung sports seats, the snug cabin with the handbrake on the passenger side so that a more sleazy minded man than me could reasonably grab his female passenger's thigh by honest mistake when coming to a halt at traffic lights. The sheer delight of throwing back the hood even on a cloudy day and feeling the wind in your hair and nothing between you and the sky above.  All these were simple pleasures that I enjoyed immensely.

13th August.
Alas, it not only looks, goes and feels like a Jaguar, it behaves like one as well. Since buying it I’ve had to change all the brakes, discs, etc., headlight sockets and now its drinking oil AND water…. Rubbish.  And still no romantic encounter in it yet… Actually to be honest, it's too small to have sex in.

Helen the new Korean student gets up at 4am to mediate. She is 49 and looks in her early 30s. P calls from Krabi to complain that she can’t find a man as good as me....I smell a request for money....

No comments: