Sunday

Happy Turkish boys

A very hot and humid day. It was too hot to have lunch outside in the sunshine. The classrooms were stifling with no air con. Nevertheless, it was a perfect day. A lovely drive in to Mozart. A lovely first lesson with the Thai student and the Turkish boy.

At break, I went outside with my coffee and was accosted by a group of Turkish boys smoking at the bottom of the steps. They seemed happy and excited.

“Ben, Ben! Have you seen the new students this week?”

“No. Should I?”

“No, no. Leave them to us!”

Brian the ADOS came up to me looking harassed. “You’ve got two additions after break,” he told me and handed me some test papers. “They’re a couple of short termers doing one week ELT.”

A slim, beautiful young woman approached me and I recognised her as M, my clever and rather obsessive Spanish student. She was looking stunning as usual with long auburn hair and trim lovely figure but today she also seemed sad. She told me that she was leaving for Spain tonight and come to return a book she’d borrowed from me and say goodbye. 

She then clutched my arm and thanked me for everything then told me that we should go to Oxford and Bath next time. I still had a hot cup of coffee and a book in my hand so I laughingly told her to write up an itinerary. Impulsively, she hugged me and then stood there awkwardly for a while. After a while she said goodbye again and left after we had promised to meet up again sometime in the future. I shall miss her.

After break, the two new students came to my class and I now understood why the Turkish boys had been so enthusiastic. The two newcomers were slim, blonde girls from Germany. One of them in particular was flawlessly beautiful with big blue eyes and long golden hair. She was the stuff of Turkish men’s dreams…and perhaps many other men as well.

After lunch I taught another couple of hours and then slipped away early to the beach.  It was still baking hot. I drove back with the hood and both windows on my convertible down. I went straight down the beach and into the warm, frothy sea. This was paradise.

Up for a hot shower and another really excellent meal washed down with coffee.  Twas good. All it needs now is a nice bachelor’s pad somewhere nearby, an acoustic guitar, some nice incense or scented candles, a few choice books and the occasional lovely lady…

No comments: