Tuesday

3rd September
A lovely, rather magical day. Warm September sunshine, morning mists, golden light. First day back at work. It was nice to see everyone again. Back to my old classes in the morning and afternoon – which is no bad thing. Even better, the afternoon class is only 1 hour so a nice compromise between free time and money!

After the afternoon class, I planned the lessons for the week and then jet washed my car and returned home at 6 o’clock. The tide was in, the sun still warm so I changed into swimming shorts and ran down to the beach. I met a pleasant blonde girl on the way down who was waiting for a dog with very short legs to catch up with her. I went straight into the sea and had a brief and invigorating swim. The water was clean with lots of little green fish and quite warm. I swam out to Spencer rock and then back in.

The pleasant blonde girl was waiting by the shore. She smiled and told
me that her name was Clare. She is staying at Sea View, a chalet close to the beach.

I ran up the cliff, jumped straight into a hot shower and then ate dinner. Twas good.  After coffee, there was a fantastic sunset. It still feels very warm.

No comments: