Thursday

Guilty rabbits caught in headlights

No doubt the Reader will note that life in my blog goes backwards.  This is partly due to the fact that I am 3 years behind and also due to the fact I always used to read books backwards so that I wouldn't get any unpleasant surprises at the end.  If I start the book knowing that the hero is going to live happily ever after then I don't have to waste too much sympathy on him when things get a bit tough in the middle of the book.  Anyway, I'm still not sure if its the best way to update my blog but if you have any strong feelings either way then please do let me know.

Went to say goodbye to G today. Thai New Year at Eggbuckland was a rather dismal affair with lots of Thai ex bargirls with rather sleazy looking western men.  Maybe they thought the same when they saw me.  Who knows? Still, I have happy memories of G.  We had had so much fun together.  One time that sticks in my memory was when we were getting frisky in my car one dark spring evening when a middle aged couple walked past. We assumed that as long as we stayed quiet and didn’t move then there would be no reason for them to see us. However, we were wrong.

“Ooooh! Look at that lovely little sports car!” exclaimed the woman and shone her torch on it.  My MK1 MX5 being a true hairdresser's car as well as a true sports car naturally attracted middle aged ladies.  Our pale guilty faces must have lit up like rabbits caught in headlights for she exclaimed again.

“Ooooh! Sorry, so sorry! We were just admiring the car!”

“That’s ok,” I called out and they laughed on went on their way and we laughed and returned to business.

Anyway, I was sad to see G go. She was a fun-loving girl who really enjoyed living life in the moment.  It was a cold grey day as I drove back from saying goodbye to her but I put the roof down and turned the heater up. What a fabulous sports car the MX5 is! If you hold it in a low gear on a twisty B road, it looks, sounds and goes just amazingly.

No comments: