Wednesday

Last day of August.

31st August
Last day of August. It was a perfect late summer’s morning. As I hung out the washing, I looked down and saw a large black animal swimming below. As I watched, it dived and then a short while later surfaced a couple of hundred metres away. It was obviously an excellent swimmer. It looked too big to be a seal. Maybe it was a sea lion.

My brother and I went down for a morning swim. Ah, the bliss of a clean quiet beach with the warm morning sunshine beating down…the cool background temperature which only served to heighten the pleasure of the sun’s rays…a few clean waves to bodysurf…

In the afternoon, we went for a walk in Mount Edgcumbe. On the way down the cliff, I met a good looking blonde lady whose name I cannot remember.  I used to meet her at the top of the cliff when I went to work in the morning but since I started parking outside the cafĂ© I hadn’t seen her. I told her about the whale on the beach yesterday and the size of its penis. She brightened with interest and told me that she was off to London for the weekend.

No comments: