Saturday


27 October
Today it rained pretty much solid throughout the day with only a few brief respites. I ate cakes and fruit from the fridge for breakfast. Still, it is a nice day for writing.

Mina phoned to tell me that she was “bored with me” and that she was “coming back tomorrow”. Considering that she had originally planned to stay away for a week, these two statements didn’t seem to really make sense. However, I was an old hand at this game and told her to please herself.

I ate lunch with June at Pizza Firenze. The meal was delicious and cost 445 baht.

In the evening, I met Brian, the manager of Good Dream guesthouse. Brian is from the states and has run the guesthouse since last October. I asked him how he was finding it.

Like most ex-pats I’ve met, he seemed embittered by the unhelpful attitude of the local Thai government, the corruption and the general inefficiency of Thais.
However, he said that it was better than teaching scuba diving – which he said had ruined his love for the sport. And it was better than teaching English – which is pretty much the only other thing a foreigner can do here.
I mentioned that I was interested in teaching in Krabi and he gave me the name and phone number of a contact at Ammartpanichnakul School.

No comments:

Blog Archive