Friday


13 October
In the morning, a baby monkey joined me for breakfast. The cook told me that its mother had died and the rest of the monkey troupe had rejected it so she had taken it on. The baby monkey was 3 months old male and played happily with a small toddler and a cream coloured cat that also lived there. The cook offered it a banana to eat but it was more interested in my coffee. She told me that it was very fond of hot coffee.

I checked out at 10.30 and then slogged up through the hot, steaming jungle. By the time I got back to Pin’s shop, I was exhausted and my legs were shaking. My shirt was completely soaked with sweat. I took a shower and then went to PP Bakery and ordered a salad sandwich. After lunch, I had a massage and then taught English to Pin, Poon and Dar.

No comments:

Blog Archive