Monday

29 October
Mina woke up and started arguing early this morning so I went to have breakfast alone and in peace at Good Dream cafĂ©. Brian, the manager, was there. He told me that he’d been a dive master here before but after the Tsunami, there had been no work so he’d opened up a guesthouse instead.

It started to rain. I returned to my apartment to find that Mina had already packed her suitcase again. She told me that she was bored with me, that I should find another girlfriend and that she was leaving forever.

I told her to please herself and brushed my teeth. June, my friend who had taken me to the hospital when I was dying, gave me some books on Dhamma to read. Unfortunately, they were in Thai so I couldn’t read them. I thanked her nevertheless and wrote my diary instead. At midday, June asked me to pluck her armpit hairs for her. I decided to put Mr Wilde’s principle to the test and agreed. For all you men out there who are armpit plucking virgins, I would recommend it. It is a curiously addictive sport – not as good as sex perhaps, but a lot less complicated. And it is definitely much better than golf.










Before...........and after.


The weather was overcast but dry in the afternoon. I decided to take my motorbike and do some sightseeing. June asked me to give her a lift to a travel agency in town – she had some friends there and wanted to show them her wedding photos. The travel agency shop was just around the corner from Pizza Firenze. It was full of posters and leaflets advertising speedboat tours and beach bungalows. One place promised “Unseen ultimate sunset”, another bungalow resort featured “clean privates”. June’s friends were exclaiming over her wedding shots and June was explaining who was who and why. “He is very handsome…” “Ah, you should have seen his friend!” “She is beautiful….yes, she has a good figure but she has no bottom and no breasts…” I left them to it and drove off into the great unknown wilderness of Krabi. Today was an accounting record for me. I spent just 320 baht – all of it on food.

No comments:

Blog Archive