Monday


11 October
Today I worked in the bookshop again. I met 3 Americans who were traveling in Thailand for a month after finishing their studies. They were a nice bunch, 2 men and a girl. They were looking for a place called Garlic Restaurant.

Late afternoon, I went to the island viewpoint. I had to climb 300 steep steps – which were a breeze after the Tiger Cave Temple – and then a further kilometer or so up a steepish slope. At the top I was rewarded by beautiful panoramic views of the island and beaches. I saw several exotic looking tropical forest birds as well. One looked like cross between a woodpecker and some kind of great tit and the other bird was large with white wings and a black body. It flew at incredible speed through the forest.

While I was enjoying a well earned drink at the viewpoint café, I met an Irish girl called Kate who had lost her camera whilst drunk at Koh Phang Nang 3 days ago. I offered to take pictures of her at the viewpoint and email to her. She was very grateful and told me that she and a friend had starting traveling through south-east Asia 3 months ago and were planning to continue onto Australia for New Year.

In the evening, I ate at an Italian restaurant with Pin then went to bed early.

No comments:

Blog Archive