Monday


28 October
Today I got up early. The sun was shining. After the rain of yesterday, the jungle and mountains looked fresh, green and beautiful. I drove my motorbike to eat breakfast at Good Dream café.

I sipped my coffee and thought agreeably about what I might do today now that the weather had at last improved. Perhaps I would take the motorbike to Ao Nang and swim. Or I might visit the famous Emerald Pool, or the Hot Springs, the Ghost Caves…there was so much that I hadn’t yet done in Krabi.

My toast arrived. I started to spread on jam. I didn’t notice that the sky had become dark. Suddenly, there was a loud crack of thunder and rain came pelting down in solid sheets of grey. It was a writing day again….

In the afternoon, I phoned Ajarn Wipa at Ammartpanichnakul School. She was surprised that I could speak Thai and asked me to email her my CV.

Mina arrived at 2pm, started arguing with me and then unpacked her suitcase.

No comments:

Blog Archive