Friday


17 October
Today I returned to Krabi. I caught the 2pm boat with Pin, Dook and June. Pin was going to Bangkok to buy new stock for her shop, Dook and June were going to stay with me in my new apartment.

This morning, Mina rang me to say that she was going to come up from Patanni and see me. I warned her that it might not be convenient as this was going to be the first night in my new apartment, it might not be ready, my friends might be staying etc.

Naturally, Mina flew into a huff and said that of course I wanted to see all my other girlfriends instead. I told her that she was more than welcome to come – but my apartment might not be ready. What time would she be arriving? Ten or eleven at night. Well, wouldn’t it be better to spend the night in a hotel and see me in the morning? No, of course not.

At 9.30pm Mina arrived at my apartment. I went downstairs to meet her. She said not a word when I told her that Dook and June were also staying due to Dook’s relatives filling her house. She followed me sulkily upstairs and did not look at either Dook or June as she entered but started unpacking her suitcase, her small face dark with rage.

Dook and June gave her one glance and then ignored her. It was an awkward atmosphere that night. I went to bed early.

No comments:

Blog Archive