Monday

11 February
Today I awoke at 5.30am and went to teach at the temple school at Chachoengsao. I returned to Bangkok on the afternoon train. I had coffee and cakes with Mina and my friend Mark in my apartment. Mina wanted Mark to listen to the Backstreet Boys.

“They have a song “Incomplete”. Do you know it?” she asked.

Mark gulped his coffee and checked his watch. “No, I don’t know it. I have to go!” He stood up and I noticed that a glazed look had come over his face. “I said I’d meet Noi at five in Silom…and it’s nearly four o’clock now!”

“Mark! You must listen! I will play it from the internet…”

“Gotta go,” muttered Mark as he went out of the door. “Meeting her at five…”

Mina didn’t like men walking out on her. “Mark!” she called after him. “If you don’t stay and listen, I will tell Nong Noi that you had sex with her!”

But Mark had already gone.

No comments: